I’m a contractor with over 15 years of experience and I’ve worked with a wide range of companies to help them get products to market; rewrite entire apps; create proof-of-concepts and much more. I’m a front-end specialist (mostly working with React & TypeScript) but am very happy working full-stack too.
I am passionate about user interface design, user experience and development, and I enjoy both the minutiae of UI design in Sketch, Figma etc and deploying designs at scale using design systems and component libraries.
I am proficient in web application design and engineering using React, Next.js, GraphQL, TypeScript, web standards and various other frameworks, libraries and tools (see more in the Highlights section below).
I care about the impact I can have in your company, and the positive impact we’ll have together for the benefit of our users. Accessibility, inclusivity and performance are at the heart of what I do; what we create has to work for the greatest number of users.
I’m also keen to learn new things. Currently, I’m diving deeper into A.I. and Astro.
- Full-stack Node.js application development with Express.js, Fastify, API and micro-service/serverless development
- Server rendered and single page apps with React and Svelte. Next.js, Gatsby, create-react-app, Vite, SvelteKit
- Design systems and styleguides with Storybook, and Percy or Chromatic for visual regression testing
- GraphQL with Apollo, React Query and Hasura
- CSS-in-JS with Stitches, Theme UI, Styled Components & Emotion and my library, Design System Utils for more on this (below) as well as Tailwind
- Web payments integration using Stripe
- Authentication with Firebase and Supabase
- Containerised applications using Docker
- Performance optimisation and monitoring using tools like Lighthouse, WebPageTest, Calibre and SpeedCurve
- Application/unit testing with Vitest, Jest, Mocha & end-to-end/integration testing with Cypress
- npm package creation/management with automated CI publish workflows
- Progressive web-apps with vanilla ServiceWorkers and Workbox
- Multi-language Contentful, Dato and Prismic headless CMS integrations with Next.js & Gatsby and “vanilla” JS projects
- Cloud hosting with Heroku, Vercel, GCP, Rackspace, AWS, Netlify, Firebase & Gatsby Cloud
- Continuous integration and deployment with CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Gitlab CI/CD, Bitrise, TravisCI and Appveyor
- Animation using CSS, GSAP and Framer Motion
- Database management with PostgreSQL & TypeORM
I am a keen open source contributor, and have created and maintain a number of open source projects, including:
- Search and favouriting for npm packages
- Display and filter your recent GitHub stars
- View, search and add for my Otter bookmarking project. Not published to the store yet.
- Search my code notes with Algolia Not published to the store yet.